Saturday, December 6, 2014

EYMM does it again! The off the shoulder dress/tunic

I love EYMM patterns the directions are very easy to follow and the designs are always right on trend.  Kymy, the designer of EYMM patterns, definitely did not disappoint on her latest creation, the off the shoulder cowl neck dress or tunic.  You know you have a winner when you're husband loves it and your mom, sister and brother's girlfriend all see it and ask for one.
Let's start with the basics:  the pattern is available in a broad size range  XS-5X, it's designed for knits although the skirt/ flounce portion can be made from woven.  Options, the best part, you can make this in either peplum or dress length.
Don't be scared at the thought of a peplum, I was at first.  Personally, I usually avoid peplums, love the look but hate the way they look on me.  With the beautiful cowl neckline and the length of the bodice to flounce portion this peplum works!  No longer do I look like a pear in a peplum :)
Anyway, I digress, back to options....the peplum flounce or the skirt portion can be made either as a circle skirt or a gathered skirt depending on the look you want.  In addition the bottom portion can be made from a variety of fabrics making the looks you can get from this pattern endless.
 I chose to do one in all knit and another one with a knit bodice and chiffon flounce.  I really want to do a dress version in velour and another shirt version in french terry, oh if only I had all day to sew......
A couple of the testers did the dress version and then put a pettiskirt under and oh my goodness it was amazing looking!  Perfect for holiday parties.
If I haven't convinced you yet that you need this pattern then this might help-this gorgeous pattern is part of the Sew Fab bundle available here.  You get 10 brand new, previously unreleased patterns for only $29.95, that's an amazing deal!


Flounce circle skirt in chiffon


                   

Gathered flounce



Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and please follow me on my adventures in sewing

No comments:

Post a Comment